Friday, August 3, 2012
Happy Half Marathon 2012
Saturday, Date: August 11, 2012 – 7:30 a.m.
Benefits the American Cancer Society
Wave Start in Springfield, Ohio
Rolling Finish in Yellow Springs, Ohio
• The best marathon training run you could possibly have in August: urban and country landscapes, smooth and shady trails, and a 3% decline the whole way!
• Local bands, DJs, and cheer squads lining the course
• Technical race shirt
• Ultimate finishers medal
• Finish line nutrition and hydration, including our famous “NoGoSlow Cone”
• Shuttle service from Yellow Springs back to the race start in Springfield (must indicate on registration form)
• Post-race festivities at eating establishments for those who choose to stay in Yellow Springs
Starting Line: Parking lot of Springfield High School (Springfield, Ohio)
Happy Half Trainer’s Half Marathon (13.1 miles) — 7:30 a.m.
Our inaugural half marathon starts on the campus of Springfield High School in beautiful Springfield, Ohio. The course starts downhill from the school, merging onto the historic Simon Kenton Trail and it keeps on downhill for the next 13.1 miles. Participants will enjoy the smoothly paved and expertly maintained trail system as it meanders through urban Springfield’s downtown, south through Clark County where it becomes the Little Miami Scenic Trail. City views soon give ways to country vistas. Hydration and Gu stations throughout the course will keep you energized and cheering squads and entertainments will keep you pumped. The race ends in charming Yellow Springs, Ohio, at the site of the John Bryan Community Center, where racers will recover, cool off and prepare for shuttles back to the starting line or for an afternoon with friends, families and fellow racers who will enjoy all that Yellow Springs has to offer.
For all the details, visit: happyhalfmarathon.com