Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Women's clothing store "opens" at Bryan Center




Yellow Springs High School senior Molly Turner (right) assists a "customer" at her Clothes Swap.







"On Saturday, March 27th, I had my YSHS senior project Clothes Swap at the John Bryan Community Center and the turn out far exceeded my expectations. Over all there were about 35 people who came and all seemed to be very pleased with the clothes that they received. There was music, snacks and fun all around. I am very thankful for all the help and support I received from my friends and family and I want to give a special thanks to Susan Gartner who has done nothing but provide help and give many great ideas for the swap. Without the lovely people in my life this would not have been as successful as it was.

"As a result of the success and comments made by the people who came, I would love for this to become an annual event in Yellow Springs. I think many people would agree. There were about 7-8 large trash bags of clothes left over that will be donated to the women's shelter in Springfield. Thanks to all who came and I hope everyone had a great time!"

submitted by Molly Turner
photos by Susan Gartner -- March 27, 2010
posted to A Yellow Springs Blog -- March 31, 2010